The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Hinduism, Volume 1
• From Abhang to Zodiac, these two volumes contain over 2,500 thoroughly cross-referenced entries that clearly define terms and concepts related to the beliefs, practices, and history of Hinduism.
• Complete with black-and-white photos illustrating architectural, biographical, geographical, and mythological entries.
• Charts and maps provide added information.
• 16 category indexes direct the reader to related terms.
• 81?4 x 11
• Library-bound Hinduism is a vastly important world religion not only because of its mythology and philosophy but also on account of its rich cultural traditions. Whether through epic narratives of love and war by Sanskrit poets, the drama and devotion of Hindu dancers, or the teachings of yoga masters, the spread of Hinduism has enriched the lives of people throughout the world. James G. Lochtefeld, Ph.D., teaches religion at Carthage College, where he specializes in Hinduism and Indian philosophy.
* Reviews *Book Review: The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Hinduism
"A major achievement of scholarly research, organization, and analysis, this book is recommended for both public and academic reference collections."
"Recommended for reference collections in public and other libraries as needed."
--American Reference Books Annual